Why we should leave Afghanistan even before the next goat bleats. These are some of the official New rules for troop operations in Afghanistan.
• No night or surprise searches.
• Villagers have to be warned prior to searches.
• ANA or ANP must accompany U.S. units on searches.
• U.S. soldiers may not fire at the enemy unless the enemy is preparing to fire first.
• U.S. forces cannot engage the enemy if civilians are present.
• Only women can search women.
• Troops can fire at an insurgent if they catch him placing an IED but not if insurgents are walking away from an area where explosives have been laid.
Being in Afghanistan, I think it’s obvious, has nothing to do with stopping terrorism in the U.S. Stopping the threat of terror here is very easy. All we have to do is stop importing these fanatics (and yes, mulims in general), something we should’ve done long before 9/11. Curtail our bizarre immigration and Visa policies and, presto, we’ve curtailed probably ninety-five percent of the threats. For the reamining homegrown variety of terrorists let’s modernize our FBI’s computer systems; let’s replace those Altairs and Commodore 64s with some big boy equipemnt. That way when agents call up a list of bad guys they won’t have to sweat their machines crashing after uploading a 48k file.
Let’s stop illegal border crossings; the southern border fence is in stall mode; when it does move it moves at the pace of Model T negotiating the Autobahn. Meanwhile of course jumpers are running across the gaps and vast evnviornmentalist openings in the existing fence. They come in at about twenty mph on their top of the line Made-in-China Nike’s.
Let’s stop treating the grotesque gender-apartheid, death-to-infidels Sharia law advocates as imperial cultural ambassadors.